Sending Sensitive information with Encryption in Outlook
Email Encryption with Outlook
This article covers sending sensitive information via e-mail. The first step in keeping Heifer's information safe is understanding what data you are sending. Below are examples of sensitive information that should ALWAYS be encrypted when sending via e-mail.
- Credentials to Heifer account or any type of system account.
- Donor Information
- Staff Information PII
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
How to send an encrypted email with Outlook (Windows Users)
- Encryption-Only - this option encrypts the entire message but leaves it open to being forwarded to another party.
- Do Not Forward- this option encrypts the entire message and restricts the ability to the recipient to forward the message.
- Heifer International-Confidential- this option is used for internal use only and keeps the receipt from copying content, printing the e-mail, or exporting any part of the message. Allows Forwarding.
- Heifer International-View Only- this option is used for internal use only and keeps the receipt from copying content, printing the e-mail, or exporting any part of the message. Disables Forwarding.
How to send an encrypted email with Outlook for Mac
- In an e-mail message, you must enable the encryption option before it becomes visible in your toolbar. See screenshots below.
- Now Drag the Encryption option to the tool bar.
- You will now have the encryption options in the toolbar to choose from.