Home User Setup Guide
Home User Setup Guide
This guide will walk you through the setup process for your new Home Office Workstation. Please contact Tech support if you have any questions regarding setup or if you have damaged or missing equipment. Techsupport is available Mon-Fri 8-5 pm central time to assist you via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us get started by unboxing & verifying the necessary cables and parts needed to setup.
•1 laptop (Brand / Model may very)
•2 monitors (Brand / Model may very)
- Included in each monitor box are 1 USB 3.0 AB cables
•1 docking station (Dell or Lenovo branded, depending on your laptop model)
•1 wireless keyboard
•1 wireless mouse
•1 webcam (Brand / Model may very)
•1 USB headset
•2 Display port cables for connecting your monitors to your docking station.
Now that you have all of your home office equipment accounted for, lets get started will assembling your home office.
- Assemble Monitors.
Follow the instructions included in the monitor boxes.
- Setup Docking station.
- Lenovo Docking stations follow this diagram.
- Connect the power supply to the 135w power port.
- Plug in power supply to a AC power outlet
- Connect the Thunderbolt 3 (TB3) cable to the TB3 port on the dock, this is the port with the image of a laptop on it.
- Connect the other end of the TB3 cable to your laptop.
For more info Click here for source data on setup image.
For the full user guide, click here: ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 User Guide.
- Dell Docking stations, follow this similar diagram.
- Connect the power.
- Connect the attached Thunderbolt 3 cable from your Dell dock to your PC’s Thunderbolt 3 port.
The full user guide for the Dell Docking Station WD19 can be found here: User Guide
- Connecting your monitors.
- Connect the power cables to your monitors to AC power outlets and make sure they both power on.
- Connect a display port (DP) cable to each of the display ports located on the back of you docking station. This will be the same process for both Lenovo and Dell docks.
- Connect the DP cables to the DP in ports in the back of your monitors. 1 cable will go to 1 monitor. These cables will only fit in their correct port type. The monitors also have a DP out port, do not plug your cable in this port by mistake. Both Dell and Lenovo monitors have similar connection ports.
- Connecting monitor USB ports to your dock.
Locate the USB – AB cable with the blue markings inside the connectors.
- Connect the B side of the cable to 1 monitor and the A side to your docking station. Connect the A side to a USB port with the blue markings inside the port. This indicates the port is a compatible USB 3.0 port.
- Repeat process for 2nd monitor.
- Connection peripherals (accessories)
- Connect USB peripherals to any open USB ports. Now that your monitor USB ports are connected, you can use any available ports on your monitors as well. Where you connect your peripherals is your choice.
- Problems or questions?
Contact Tech Support at email@example.com
Article ID: 540
Created: Wed, May 12, 2021
Last Updated: Wed, May 12, 2021
Author: Marc Daniels
Online URL: https://itskb.heifer.org/article.php?id=540