Scanner Installation Guide - Fujitsu 7160
Fujitsu 7160 Scanner Installation Guide
- Go to in a web browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) to install and setup scanner software package.
- Next, select scanners series, scanner model, and the target OS (Windows 7, 8, 10 etc) as applicable.
Then, click Display software list as pictured. Most scanners owned by Heifer staff are the fi-7000 series/fi-1760 model.
- From the Software Downloads window, the PaperStream IP (TWAIN) 1.60.0 driver and the scanning capturing software
PaperStream Capture 2.7.1 will be downloaded to complete this process. First, click to download the PaperStream IP (TWAIN) 1.60 driver.
Please Note: Please Keep this window open to download PaperStream capturing software later.
- Download the Paper Stream IP (Twain) 1.60.0.exe file.
- After the download is complete, click to Open the download which is in the bottom left-hand corner if using Chrome.
In Firefox, proceed to Save the download, then open from the top right-hand Downloads folder.
Figure 1 Chrome
Figure 2 Firefox
- Click Run to start the download.
- Then, click Next in the following windows.
- Click to accept the license agreement, then click to Install.
- After the setup installation is complete, click Close.
- The Fuji software is now installed which includes a Help guide.
- Now, it's time to download and install the scanning software PaperStream that will be used for scanning documents.
Return to the Software Downloads screen to downloadPaperStream Capture 2.7.1 in the Applications column.
- Click to Submit the serial number. It should be auto-populated as shown below.
- Download the PaperStream Capture .exe file. After the file downloads, click to Open as demonstrated for the Twain 64 download.
- Click Run to start the PaperStream installation.
- Select the applicable language and click OK.
- Then, click to accept the license agreement. If desired, change the default scanning documents folder. Then, click to Install PaperStream.
Note: This window's pop-up may take a several seconds to appear.
- After the installation is completed, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
- The storage server will begin to install. This may take a few minutes.
- After the server finishes installing, click OK.
- If applicable, connect the Fuji scanner and power on.
Caution: Only use the supplied AC adapter, power cable and USB connector. Not doing so may cause the scanner to malfunction.
- To begin scanner, open PaperStream from your Start menu.
- Select color profile, feed document to scan face-side down, and click Scan.
For additional questions or support, contact